Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sly's Take on the Taylors


Let me give you MY take on Tucson. I thought the desert was supposed to be HOT! And DRY! Hah! If you can believe it, we had a thunder storm in the night and it was downright COLD when we left Tuesday morning! I found a cozy perch on the dashboard atop a heating vent. Ahhh! Bliss!
Now, don’t say anything to them, but the Taylors can be a bit odd at times – you know – kind of crotchety with each other one moment (especially before their first cup of morning coffee) – and then laughing and carrying on the next moment – a bit eccentric, but quite entertaining nonetheless. They seem to be quite tolerant of exotic creatures like myself.
Fortunately Bonnie has a long history of close encounters with my type since she was just a wee tot, so she seemed delighted to have me join up on this year’s trip to Mexico.
Larry, on the other hand, had to be convinced of the merits of my company . . . no free loaders allowed – especially ones that were, well, so . . . DIFFERENT.
I had to do a bit of a hard sell with him that besides providing good luck (a spider tradition, you know), I was willing to do fly and cockroach patrol in the camper. I also explained that I would help write the travel blog so that he would not have to be involved in that “foo-foo” stuff. Reluctantly, he agreed to have me join them. Besides, Bonnie seemed to be in MUCH better frame of mind with my company!
SO, with that said, I’ll turn the computer over to Bonnie so she can share her thoughts . . .
I don’t want to steal her thunder!
Ta-Ta! Sly

No comments: