Friday, December 19, 2008

My Family is Everything to Me



We walk the crowded sidewalks of "Old Town". We struggle to speak and be understood......There are times when I am so lonesome and feel very much a foreigner.

Then, we catch the bus and as we rumble toward town I translate the simple statement written above the driver's head....."Mi familia es todo para mi".....My family is everything to me.

We may not always understand each other's words, but in Mexico we share an understanding of what REALLY matters.....the ties we nurture with family, friends and loved ones.

May your day be graced with peace! Besitos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your travelog. Glad your trip was safe. Sorry we missed you in Yuma. Hope to see you in April on your return and/or in Idaho this summer.

Joyce and Jim Weathers