Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Close Encounters with an Indigenous Insect Tribe!



Can you believe THIS? Bonnie returned home from Christmas brunch with the faint smell of brandy on her breath and packing THREE shiny creatures – a dolphin, a gecko and a turtle.
Evidently, DESPITE my warnings, somewhere in the Gold Zone she was lured into a den of iniquity with promises of freebie jewelry. I thought she had more sense!
Now I have to admit, had the gecko been in its natural, meaty state, it might have provided me with a tasty morsel. But alas, the unfortunate trio had been transformed into silvery bangles and offered up as authentic Mexican wares to the unsuspecting cruise ship crowds.
JUST what I need - - roommates! Hrrrmmph!
But wait! There’s more to tell! Get a load of the picture of the leaf cutter ants! As much as I ADORE insects on my menu, THIS gang, encountered on a walk around the El Cid golf course, looks a little rough! They’d probably be more work than they are worth! Or worse yet, predator and prey could possibly reverse roles – NOT a happy thought!

No comments: