Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sylvester Speaks Up!




WELL, it’s ABOUT TIME! Bonnie and Larry - this couple from the NTMA (Nomadic Tribe of the Missing Appendages) have been hogging the laptop computers, which has made it hard to tell MY side of the story to this point.
Okay, okay . . . They’re nice enough, I guess. And I do know them quite well from my time at the Taylor Tree Farm. Bonnie, in fact, advocated for farm land security there, and lobbied vigorously to protect the homes and livelihoods of the varied and diverse species on the farm. I have to say though that it was a tragic blow to the neighborhood when the Taylors decided to eradicate the farmland housing. We feared the worst when there was no replanting the Douglas fir trees in recent years. Seems the tree business wasn’t all it was cracked up to be . . .
And THEN, to top it off . . . one day while I was settling into my new digs on Wilson Road- tending to my own business and rustling up an insect or two for a snack – BAM! I suddenly found myself decked out in an outfit of crystals and beads that would have made Liberace GREEN with envy. I was pretty shocked and tried to hide from my friends and family. They are a touch on the conservative side, so I anticipated a pretty negative reaction to the sparkly pink outfit . . . I must say, I look quite dashing, though!
Never mind. More about that later . . . I’m sure you didn’t log onto the blog to read about my list of complaints. This IS, after all, a travel journal . . .
So, here we are in Yuma, Arizona. What a relief! It’s getting warmer, which suits me just fine. My kind much prefers the warmer climate of the Southwest.
Whoa! I tell you, that drive through San Bernardino yesterday was quite an experience! I wonder about Bonnie’s map-reading skills sometimes! Yikes! For a time, things got a little tense and noisy there; SUCH a lot of yelling and commotion! Oh my, the LANGUAGE! For a moment, it looked as if we might be on our way back to Oregon, but it just turned out to be a little confusion about East and West and I-15 or I-215 . . . at any rate, the situation was soon corrected and we were headed to the desert.
Along the way, we encountered the most bizarre species with three arms! They were GIANTS! Looked kind of like aliens from another planet, standing around in groups, waving their arms in the wind all at the same time. I wondered if they were practicing their Michael Phelps backstroke style or trying to signal for help from outer space . . .
Today we're headed to Tucson. I'm SO looking forward to our stay in the Desert Sands RV Park!Who knows, I might even hav a chance to hook up with my cousin Tony Tarantula! He decided to settle in the Tucson area, I understand. Haven't seen him in qute sometime.
There's a LOT more to write, but I think the Casita is about to embark . . . Gotta Go!

No comments: