Tuesday, December 23, 2008

“SO, you want SNOW, my pretty?! I”LL show you SNOW!!”




Well, Mother Nature pulled a real hum-dinger Up North, didn’t she? She must have gotten fed up with hearing, “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” so often on the radio! That’ll teach them to start playing Christmas music in October!!! That old Christmas favorite has taken on a whole new perspective for the folks in the Northwest. “SO, you want SNOW, my pretty?! I”LL show you SNOW!!!!” Very funny, Mom. You have a STRANGE sense of humor! People stranded during the holidays is no one’s idea of a good joke! Okay, okay . . . maybe you had some help . . . could be that certain human activity brought on your wrath. We get your point! To quote that famous midwest author Maddison Gratiana, "Mother Nature is certainly showing us exactly WHO is in charge!!! "
In the meantime, I’m sure having a heckofatime providing much comfort for the OTHER mom and dad in my life. With Phil and Maureen’s flight cancelled, the mood is pretty chilly here!
Everyone is making do, though. Phil and Maureen are playing in the snow in Portland and Bonnie and Larry are pilfering the chocolate goodies out of the kids’ Christmas stockings and drinking the tequila they bought for Phil’s and Maureen’s Margaritas . . . kind of the South of the Border version of making lemonade out of lemons!
Feliz Navidad!

No comments: