Saturday, February 3, 2007

In Mazatlan

We are settled in at Playa Escondido RV park, just North of Mazatlan. It is an easy bus ride into town and a good education (the bus ride)! The music is louder here and the traffic is crazier (with the exception of the LA freeway). A few basic recommendations for life in MX. . . wear sunscreen; remember to smile; ALL paper products go in the basket and are NOT flushed (I know, I know....TMI....but IMPORTANT!). Basic vocabulary: please (por favor), thank you (gracias), excuse me (perdon, or con permiso - when you want to get by someone), I am sorry (lo siento). All attempts at speaking espaƱol have been regarded positively (maybe a few giggles... do you know that the word for hat and for dog are very similar?!) Bonus language classes! We are camped in the midst of some friendly Quebequois, so I´m practicing my French as well as my Spanish! We are presently at Gran Plaza, an air conditioned mall very similar to Clackamas Town Center. WiFi is a hit and miss thing, so we dive into convenient cybercafes. It is close to siesta time (1:30), so we have to close down for today. From 2 to 4 each afternoon, many stores close down for a nice long lunch break.....a delightfully civilized practice! Mas tarde amigos!

No comments: