Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Family Time

Sr. Espinoza
Unfortunately, my camera didn't do me any good sitting up in our casita while we took our Sunday stroll yesterday.  I promise to take it with me NEXT week, so I can share the street scene - - mimes entertaining the crowd seated on the steps of Teatro Juarez and a bronze "statue" in the square, that comes to life as people near him to pose for a photo op!  The tiendes (street market) with all manner of goods en vende (for sale).  Larry bought sunglasses; I bought starry nail glitter for my pedicure.
Tuesday, we depart for 5 days in San Miguel de Allende - the center of creativity in this area. 
San Miguel has become home for a large expatriate community of artists.  The pace there is slower than that of Guanajuato.

Okay then - - I will dig back a few years to previous trips and see if I can find some fun photos for your viewing enjoyment!

Larry making a chicle (gum) purchase

Guanajuato Troubadour

Two Guanajuato Heroes!
Basilica Interior

No comments: